A reverse osmosis system is one of the most effective systems for water filtration. Using pressure, it pushes water through a special membrane to remove contaminants and minerals but keep the water flowing. It is one of the more thorough systems, which is why it is a popular choice for homes and businesses. Here are five reasons why you should choose this type of system today:
- Better tasting water: All the health advice focuses on staying hydrated and consuming enough water. This is easier to do if water does not contain funky mineral or metallic flavors. The reverse osmosis system removes these elements and leaves clear and refreshing water. If you run a gym or medical establishment, having ready access to fresh water is vital. However, for your home, water with fewer mineral elements works better for cooking by removing lingering aftertastes and odors.
- Reduced contaminants: Contamination of drinking water is unfortunately common. Nearly 90 percent of homes in the U.S. contain hard water, which is water with high levels of magnesium and calcium. If these build up in your system, they will eventually cause health problems. The reverse osmosis system removes more contaminants than other systems, which is a godsend in areas with hard water. These can include radium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, nitrate, fluoride, phosphorus and other inorganic minerals. You can rest assured that your drinking water is truly safe if you install this system. We can help you find the right filter to address the contaminants that most concern you.
- Reduce environmental impact: Bottled water is a popular option for areas with hard water. People do not want to experience the metallic or mineral taste, and they are often suspicious of it. However, plastic bottles add more waste and demand fossil fuel resources. You can reduce your carbon footprint buying less bottled water if your tap water tastes better and has improved quality.
- Easily installed: Reverse osmosis systems can be installed quickly by any chosen plumber. They do not demand a complete overhaul of your plumbing, and many systems can be installed in less than a day. You can order your system now and have it working within a week, if not sooner. This is a good addition to a home or business that does not demand major changes or disruptions in your day-to-day life.
- Saves money: If you avoid tap water and instead buy bottled water, sparkling water or even cases of soda, you may find those expenses decrease after installing a reverse osmosis system. Many people spend money on these drinks because their tap water tastes funny or they doubt the quality of the water. With these barriers out of the way, you will likely decide to bypass buying drinks and instead just fill up a water bottle at your tap.
M.L. Ball Company, Inc. is a leading distributor of water filtration systems, including reverse osmosis systems. Contact us today if you would like to see what installing one could do for your home or business.
Categorised in: Reverse Osmosis Water System