Clean water plays a vital role in our everyday lives. From the water we drink, to the water we use for cleaning our dishes and our clothes, to the water used in medical, industrial and other commercial facilities, it is crucial to have water that is sufficiently clean and does not deliver any adverse effects.
Activated carbon filters are perhaps the most common kind of water filtration system used in industrial settings. They are natural and come with many health benefits for users. Here are just a few examples of some of those benefits:
- It only removes the substances you don’t want: Not all chemicals and minerals found in water are bad for you. Sure, you want to get rid of the bad impurities and chemicals that can make water unhealthy or foul tasting, but there are some other types of minerals and ions that you are going to want to keep in the water. Activated carbon filters do not remove those beneficial substances like other kinds of filters do. The structure of activated charcoal allows it to attract and absorb only the organic compounds and substances that make your water unhealthy and unusable, allowing the rest of the minerals to pass through the water uninhibited. This is one of many reasons why this type of filter is so popular.
- It helps improve the flavor of your water: If you believe your water has an unpleasant taste or aroma, this is most likely a result of additives found in water that are designed to kill off the bacteria and pathogens that might otherwise be found in it. Using an activated carbon filter will absorb the chemicals that cause the foul tastes and odors, resulting in a safer manufacturing experience and a more consistent product.
- It is inexpensive: Activated carbon filters are not at all a significant investment, especially when compared to some other types of water filtration system. Carbon filters are relatively low cost to make, and the customer is able to benefit from those savings.
- It helps make for healthier and safer water: Charcoal filters don’t just remove substances from the water—they can also add certain types of important minerals to make the water healthier and safer. Some examples of these added minerals include iron, magnesium and calcium.
- It is easy to keep your carbon filters in good condition: Activated carbon filters should be replaced when the charcoal has been used up. However, you’ll find that the replacement parts are widely available and affordable, which makes it easy for you to swap them out whenever needed. The frequency with which you’ll need to change the filter will vary based on your usage needs and the general quality of the water in your area.
For more information about the benefits of activated carbon filters for commercial and industrial purposes, contact M.L. Ball Company, Inc. today. We have over a half century of experience providing activated carbon filters and other water treatment products to clients all over the world, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Categorised in: Activated Carbon